Overwatch - got it working without sandboxie

pharrow

Overwatch - got it working without sandboxie

Post by pharrow » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:32 am

Wanted to leave this here for future multiseat players of Overwatch.

you can run any game battle.net offers in multiseat mode without requiring sandboxie or other vm software.

and i even took the liberty of asking blizzard for information if they allow this. and they said it is fine. heres the chat log:

Code: Select all

Orc Chat Peon10:18:15 Looking for a hand fighting the Burning Legion?
Check out these helpful fan made resources: WoWHead (Quests, Guides, and more!), Icy Veins (Talents & Class Rotation).
Need help resetting your password? Try here. Don’t have access to your authenticator? Try removing it here.
Clicking these links will not close your Live Chat session. Orc Chat Peon10:18:18 You have been connected with Belancha. Please allow Belancha a few moments to review your ticket. Thank you. Orc Chat Peon10:18:18 ** Please only submit credit card information in a provided Secure Form. ** Belancha 10:18:26 Hey there! ლʕ •ᴥ• ʔ This is Game Master Belancha. How are you doing today? you 10:18:40 im good how are you doing? Belancha 10:19:23 Glad to hear it and I'm doing well, thanks! you 10:19:34 thats great :) Belancha 10:19:39 Give me a few moments here to pull up your ticket and look over the issue! Belancha 10:19:42 Indeed. :D you 10:19:52 no worries :) Belancha 10:25:35 Alrighty, thanks for your patience there! From my understanding, this sounds like a form of multi-boxing, which we currently have no policy against. I can't exactly give you the 'a-okay/go ahead', as it's something we don't provide support for, but I don't see an issue with it. :) you 10:26:13 to further describe multiseat software. it basically isolates the user accounts to a seperate keyboard/mouse /monitor thereby allowing you to split your pc. into 2 computers. you 10:27:03 but thats good to hear, that you have no problems with it. :) ill be sure to screenshot for the guys you 10:28:26 this weekend is my bachelor party and i wanted to host a lan party, lol Belancha 10:29:19 Ah, thank you for further clarifying what the software is/does! As long as no in-game actions are being automated, there should be no issue. And awesome - congrats! :D you 10:30:08 thank you i appreicate it! :) have a great day. can you e-mail me a copy of the chat? you 10:30:30
1 of 2 7/13/17, 10:30 AM
oh wait just noticed the button

In order to run multiple copies of a blizzard game, all accounts require their own admininistrator access. and each account requires their own seperate clean (eg. no errors) installation folder. for World of warcraft you might be required to run all copies as admin. for overwatch you can just run it normally. haven't tested the other games but they should be similiar. blizzard uses the same file system for every game they make(encryption or not they use the casc file type. encrypted casc is .idx instead of .casc). the use of these fyltetypes can only be read by one user at a time. its wierd i know. so make copies of your installation folders to avoid errrors.

one last thing. you can only update the clients with one active copy of the blizzard app. don't run multiple blizzard apps. this will cause errors requiring game repair to be completed. while launching the game. avoid using blizzard app. focus on finding the exe to the main program and launch from there only(for overwatch don't launch more than 1 from the same installation folder. or you'll get errors and need to repair that too.). i hope this helped you guys. enjoy

djandomor

Re: Overwatch - got it working without sandboxie

Post by djandomor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing this :) i will try It on other blizzard games as well

kurasov1965M

Overwatch got it working without sandboxie

Post by kurasov1965M » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Anybody down for some Mei-hem on Overwatch tonight? Let me know, I'm on PS4, PaniclandUSA. Hope all are well out there

Alex_Zhang

Post by Alex_Zhang » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:32 pm

Overwatch confirmed working

SkyNET2029

Post by SkyNET2029 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:54 pm

I can also confirm that Overwatch is working just fine. Even running two Battle.NET at the same time!

spamhater

Post by spamhater » Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 am

Yup battle.net launcher gave me no issues when trying to run two instances of it, cod warzone works perfectly too. wish steam would do the same :/