I created a loopback adapter (http://nil.uniza.sk/windows/windows-10/ ... windows-10)
I modified the settings suggested in the Aster User Guide to set up the various IP addresses.
- Open Aster Panel -> Extended Settings -> Network Connections
- Right click your loopback adapter and go to properties
- Click on Internet Protocal Version 4 -> Properties
- Click Use the following IP Address (the user guide uses an example of one like 192.168.xx.xx, use whatever numbers for those), make sure your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
- Now go to Advanced and add however many other IP addresses you need following the same formula as above. When done, click ok and ok to close those windows.
- Go back to your aster panel under "Extended Settings" and set the ip addresses to each terminal. From here select "Apply only to selected files and folders." Just make sure all your games and such are included in those selected items and you should be golden.
By doing this I am able to be on the internet AND I can do all my LAN gaming.
Ok, some additional info:
Starcraft 2 - Opening up battle net can give some issues. Here is what worked for me, I opened Starcraft going to the root folder on my harddrive, selecting "Support 64" folder, then opening the SC2Switcher_x64 file. That loads directly into Starcraft. First time I did it it made me update my install file. Then I copied the whole SC2 folder to a new location. So one computer uses one location while the other uses the other one. I still used the switcher file to open them, but it worked!! Woohoo!!!
World of Warcraft - This one never really presented much of a problem for me. I just used sandboxie and didn't have any problems. You can also create a separate folder and do the same as with SC2.
Heroes of the storm - .....no idea on this one yet. Can't quite get it to run both yet. Has anybody else done this? Or does anyone else know of a better way? I am open to new ideas, but I love the software! I hope this helps other people. =)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest