Problems with Steam- and Battle.net games

JasonP0tatoGenova

Post by JasonP0tatoGenova » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Hey. First of all, Sorry for bad english/grammar! Im kinda new with Aster and gave it a try a couple of days ago. Currently I use 2 terminals, and gave them each a unique static IP-adress. Both are online and can surf on the internet, so I tried to log in with my 2 Steam-accounts ( Which both have CS:GO). Terminal 1 is Administrator account.

At first I had problems with one of the steamclients shutting down while logging in with the other account on the other terminal, but I fixed that by using Steam in sandbox mode. But the problem on terminal 2 is that I can't play any multiplayer games on CS:GO except offline games with bots, while I can play CS:GO online multiplayer on terminal 1.

I also tried StarCraft 2 on both terminals, but the Battle.net-app refuse to start while in multiseat mode. It only works normally when shutting down Aster.

I've also experienced problem with W3arena ( WarCraft III Server); After turning on the launcher, It says server ping is fine and that I am ready to start playing, but I can't log in after I am ingame.

So far the only of a few games among my hard drives I have tried that work in Multiseat-mode is regular WarCraft 3, Where I was able to log into battle.net and find games.

Is there a way to fix this?

elguapo916

Post by elguapo916 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:30 pm

One solution I have become aware of was using a sandbox program (ie. Sandboxie). By using this program, you can open up another copy of Steam and play with both workstations.

While I haven't had any success getting this to work with Battle.net, it does work with World of Warcraft. I don't remember if I had to use sandboxie or not, but when you open WOW, you need to go into the wow.exe file and load it up. When doing that thouhg, there was an issue with dragging a mouse click. There was another solution for that and I can't remember off the top of my head.

Another tip to consider is when you play games, don't use fullscreen mode. I am no expert but there are a lot of issues when you run in fullscreen. Lots of screen flickering and whatnot. Try and set it to window mode, or i think there is a windowed fullscreen that works well too. I hope this helps.

JasonP0tatoGenova

Post by JasonP0tatoGenova » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:33 am

Hello and thank you for responding.

So far this is what I have figured out:

1. Battle.net games - Currently I have only StarCraft 2 as a battle.net game on my computer. In the StarCraft 2 folder there is another folder called Support. In the support folder is there a file called Sc2switcher.exe. Using this allow me to log in to StarCraft 2 server and play online with both my user accounts on 2 worksstations without activating Battle.net. Im not sure if there is a similar file in the other battle.net games.

2. Steam - I can log in with both my accounts at the same time by using Sandboxie. I can invite both Steam-accounts that I have to the same CS:GO lobby, but when I search for a game, an error occur to one of the users and tells me that the connection is not reliable, and the lobby automatically stops searching for games.

3. I have no problem with games that does not use platforms like Steam and Battle.net ( Crysis Wars, CS:GO NoSteam, WarCraft III, Battlefield Bad Company 2 NoSteam, Xonotic and many, many more. Both worksstations can find each others servers and join on LAN).

elguapo916

Re: Problems with Steam- and Battle.net games

Post by elguapo916 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:39 pm

When you loaded two versions of Starcraft 2, did you use sandboxie? I feel like I had tried that but couldn't get it to run on both. It would tell me it detected bnet running already. Does it still work for you?

You were able to get warcraft 3 to work? I tried loading it up the other day but it opens up in a window and then the mouse, for whatever reason, won't move all the way over to where the menu buttons are. Did you configure your setup to be able to run LAN games and assign a different IP to each terminal? I had tried to do that but was unsuccessful. Either LAN functions worked and internet did not, or internet works but LAN does not.

elguapo916

Post by elguapo916 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:49 am

Hey guys, this issue had been bothering me for a while and I tried a few things and FINALLY got it to work!!! There may be a better way to do this, but for me, this is what worked.

I created a loopback adapter (http://nil.uniza.sk/windows/windows-10/ ... windows-10)
I modified the settings suggested in the Aster User Guide to set up the various IP addresses.
- Open Aster Panel -> Extended Settings -> Network Connections
- Right click your loopback adapter and go to properties
- Click on Internet Protocal Version 4 -> Properties
- Click Use the following IP Address (the user guide uses an example of one like 192.168.xx.xx, use whatever numbers for those), make sure your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
- Now go to Advanced and add however many other IP addresses you need following the same formula as above. When done, click ok and ok to close those windows.
- Go back to your aster panel under "Extended Settings" and set the ip addresses to each terminal. From here select "Apply only to selected files and folders." Just make sure all your games and such are included in those selected items and you should be golden.

By doing this I am able to be on the internet AND I can do all my LAN gaming.

Ok, some additional info:

Starcraft 2 - Opening up battle net can give some issues. Here is what worked for me, I opened Starcraft going to the root folder on my harddrive, selecting "Support 64" folder, then opening the SC2Switcher_x64 file. That loads directly into Starcraft. First time I did it it made me update my install file. Then I copied the whole SC2 folder to a new location. So one computer uses one location while the other uses the other one. I still used the switcher file to open them, but it worked!! Woohoo!!!

World of Warcraft - This one never really presented much of a problem for me. I just used sandboxie and didn't have any problems. You can also create a separate folder and do the same as with SC2.

Heroes of the storm - .....no idea on this one yet. Can't quite get it to run both yet. Has anybody else done this? Or does anyone else know of a better way? I am open to new ideas, but I love the software! I hope this helps other people. =)

Evils

Post by Evils » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi there... iv tried to run steam/csgo with sandbox both with it.. but CSGO gets error with VAC, even only with CSGO without sandbox after a while gets error... is there a way to bypass it?