Multiple instances of online games not allowed.

darksecrets

Post by darksecrets » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:20 am

this occurs specially on steam and those with X-Trap protection. the game itself does not allow multiple instances. overriding them or bypassing this game protection with 3rd party software constitutes as cheat and could result to the player being banned. As I understand, each work station is treated like or becomes a "separate computer" computer running on it's own. please correct me if I am wrong. though my set up can ran 4 workstations without lag on a LAN, i am more concern with the on line game.

another thing, i cannot change the ip addresses of the workstations as the selection remains inaccessible.

backtolinux

Post by backtolinux » Fri May 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi,

I've just register and seen your post.

Your problem is the game detect another instance of its own. That why it complains.

remembr, aster activate a new session, it dosen't isolate programs.

For such thing, you have to use a software that run program in a sandbox.

I know only sanboxies which work well : I use it to stream 2 differents steam session to client pc.

With sanboxies, you'll avoid such situation because process is isolated and don't take care of another instance on system.

beast2040

Post by beast2040 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:45 pm

The main condition is that the games supports multiple launch.
Many games it allows. some games need to be copied in the separate folder for each user, some games doesn't support start of several copies, even without use of Aster.
For them it is necessary to use an additional software (e.g. sandboxie). Perhaps will be required to enable hardware mouse pointer for game workplace. (point 8 of the User Guide)

Some games do not support multirun, even with the help of the Sandboxie, as in your case, the anticheat program (X-Trap) blocks the multirun e.g. Srossfire or League of Legends.

Michaelsony

Multiple instances of online games not allowed

Post by Michaelsony » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 am

How do I install Ago Control instances on multple computers and control them from one instance via RPC etc..?
Which components do I need to install and how to configure them?
Attachments
56.gif
56.gif (9.56 KiB) Viewed 29631 times

bazantik

Post by bazantik » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:57 pm

If smb wants to play Guild Wars 2 on multiple desktops and you get some error message - the best solution (I think) is to use MultiWars 2 - alessandrogar.io/?page_id=207

Edit: sorry, I can't inser URL.. :-/ you have to copy and paste..

Rowrab

Multiple instances of online games not allowed

Post by Rowrab » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:52 am

I have several jboss instances running on one server, they all have virtual ips. They are being combined in the monitor though, since they are all on one machine. Is there a way to keep them separate?

elguapo916

Re: Multiple instances of online games not allowed.

Post by elguapo916 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 pm

@Bazanik. You don't need Multi Wars2 to play Guild WArs 2 on multiple terminals. Just copy the game folder and open the game from a different folder for each terminal you have set up. I got this working last night. Let me know if you have any other issues