Does anyone know how Aster works?

gooseinmyway

Does anyone know how Aster works?

Post by gooseinmyway » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:27 pm

I am just curious, does anyone have any technical knowledge of how aster actually works?

This is incredible software that I have been using for about a month now for a Media Tv/Personal PC setup and I am very curious to understand how it works, Thanks.

psychrabi

Re: Is Aster the ultimate solution for multitasking?

Post by psychrabi » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Georgeiroge wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:44 am
I've heard a lot about Aster and its capabilities for creating multiple workstations on a single PC, but I'm curious to know if it truly lives up to the hype. Can Aster effectively handle demanding tasks such as gaming, video editing, and running resource-intensive software simultaneously on different seats? I want to explore the full potential of multitasking without compromising performance. Has anyone extensively tested Aster in such scenarios? I would appreciate any insights or experiences shared.
Check out our youtube channel where we have multiple videos of ASTER
https://www.youtube.com/@astermultiseat

idneytoucane

Re: Does anyone know how Aster works?

Post by idneytoucane » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:48 am

gooseinmyway wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:27 pm
I am just curiouscluster rush, does anyone have any technical knowledge of how aster actually works?

This is incredible software that I have been using for about a month now for a Media Tv/Personal PC setup and I am very curious to understand how it works, Thanks.
As far as I am aware, Aster makes use of a version of Windows known as Multipoint, which is an older technology. Within a single Windows installation, it is possible for numerous users to log in at the same time; however, each user can be given with their own monitor, graphics processing unit (GPU), mouse, keyboard, speakers, microphone, network card, and other devices. Recently, I attempted to use it to play games with my son and several of my other friends. I discovered that the connection was still fairly good, and it appeared that there were no major issues to be concerned about.

psychrabi

Re: Does anyone know how Aster works?

Post by psychrabi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:50 pm

idneytoucane wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:48 am
As far as I am aware, Aster makes use of a version of Windows known as Multipoint, which is an older technology. Within a single Windows installation, it is possible for numerous users to log in at the same time; however, each user can be given with their own monitor, graphics processing unit (GPU), mouse, keyboard, speakers, microphone, network card, and other devices. Recently, I attempted to use it to play games with my son and several of my other friends. I discovered that the connection was still fairly good, and it appeared that there were no major issues to be concerned about.
ASTER doesnot make use of Windows multipoint server
It works similar to multipoint server, difference being multipoint server works based on Remote desktop protocol
while ASTER make used of Windows sessions

making it more performant than other multiseat solution