No sound in game for second user

Freakz

No sound in game for second user

Post by Freakz » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm

Hey, I have a quick question about my problem with no sound for second user while hes in the same game as first user.
I am using 2 - users workplace and while both players are playing same game - Dota 2 (steam game), although having two different headsets, each assigned to one workplace in the app, one of them is not getting any sound input or output in the game with correct input/output device selected, other peripherals work as they should, the second user has perfect audio input/output from his game. When both users are running different games, audio is perfect on both sides.
Has anyone had the same problem or has an idea for solution?
Thanks a lot, Freakz

beast2040

Re: No sound in game for second user

Post by beast2040 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Check the sound settings in the game. Perhaps the playback device is incorrectly selected there.

lunadam

Post by lunadam » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:17 am

Pokemon Infinite Fusion
Freakz wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm
Hey, I have a quick question about my problem with no sound for second user while hes in the same game as first user.
I am using 2 - users workplace and while both players are playing same game - Dota 2 (steam game), although having two different headsets, each assigned to one workplace in the app, one of them is not getting any sound input or output in the game with correct input/output device selected, other peripherals work as they should, the second user has perfect audio input/output from his game. When both users are running different games, audio is perfect on both sides.
Thanks a lot, Freakz
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the user's headset

webalen

Post by webalen » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am

Freakz wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:02 pm
I am using 2 - users workplace and while both players are playing same game - Dota 2 (steam game), although having two different headsets, each assigned to one workplace in the app, one of them is not gettingbasket random any sound input or output in the game with correct input/output device selected, other peripherals work as they should, the second user has perfect audio input/output from his game. When both users are running different games, audio is perfect on both sides.
Thanks a lot, Freakz
I had to restart the computer before the sound worked again. Open the settings and navigate to Audio. Under Advanced, you want to toggle Sound in the background on.