So, Aster does need double GPU or?

tshot

So, Aster does need double GPU or?

Post by tshot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Heya there!

Sorry to ask this but ive got confused when i installed the trial version.

Ive read on many forums that Aster can work with a single GPU, it just shares for each seat. But when i installed Aster there was a popup message that indicates that Aster does NOT support single GPU (For 2+ seats), so not sure if i did read it wrog or whats up with this

So the question is, do i need double GPU for just 2 seats? or the the single GPU shares?

BluesElwoo

Re: So, Aster does need double GPU or?

Post by BluesElwoo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:28 am

I think I saw this message, and I think I was using nvidia surround. I was able to use my single graphics card when I had extended the desktops rather than having surround enabled. Cant remember what the AMD equivalent of surround is, but try extended desktops in your windows display settings.

zaku49

Post by zaku49 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:55 am

It only needs one, make sure the displays are extended.

Alex_Zhang

Post by Alex_Zhang » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:13 pm

only one is needed. tested with GTX970 and RX580.

DisAster

Post by DisAster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:21 am

Only one is needed. However, if you are intending on gaming on multiple workstations, I have noticed that there are frequent issues with flashing and crashing when sharing a single GPU across multiple workstations.

Soustruh

Post by Soustruh » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:32 am

I haven't tried gaming on multiple workstations, but I successfully play World of Tanks while the other station plays fullscreen HD video using single NVidia GT 1030 :-)

ctan5418

Post by ctan5418 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 pm

I can't say for AMD, but if you're using nvidia, go to the nvidia control panel, and change "configure sli, surround, physx" to "activate all displays", and then extending displays.

Afterwards, go to ASTER's software and designate which monitor is assigned to which station. You can use this with just one GPU for 2 or more workstations as long as you meet the condition of assigning one monitor only per workstation.

If you want two or more monitors per workstation, it can only be separated with its own gpu.

e.g. One (1) GTX 970 - Four Inputs = 4 workstations (1 monitor/station)
Two (2) GTX 970s - Four inputs/ea = 4 monitors per station (2 workstations total) or 8 workstations (1 monitor/station)