Screen power saving not working

gareth

Screen power saving not working

Post by gareth » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:21 am

The power saving settings for turning off the monitors is not working on any terminal.
I have tried updating the settings with Aster disabled for both users then running Aster again, and checking that the settings still show when Aster is running. But still neither terminal power settings are functional. Please help :)

gpeters99

Re: Screen power saving not working

Post by gpeters99 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I have the same problem, and it is very troubling to me.

Aster, can you please fix this, or advise us how to work around this problem?

In my case, my monitor actually does go into power save mode briefly when the screen saver is on or idle; it them immediately reactivates and shows a solid light blue screen, in the colour I would call "windows login blue."

Thank you.

ikanffy

Re: Screen power saving not working

Post by ikanffy » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Same problem here. If "Turn off the display" is enabled - displays would in fact turn off after a given timeout I set, but they will power back on by themselves with an empty solid color background. Worst thing - display are still waking up even if users turn them off manually with on/off buttons on those displays.

All I need are turned off displays between the work time.
So as a temporary workaround I just disabled "Turn off the display" and let users disable screens manually - this way displays do not auto wake up.

But yeah. It's a workaround and not a solution of a problem.