one of the workstations with extended desktop

asmonty

one of the workstations with extended desktop

Post by asmonty » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:23 pm

So what I am trying to do is:

Workstation 1: Monitor 1, and Monitor 2 in extended desktop mode.
Workstation 2: Monitor 3
Workstation 3: Monitor 4

Now the problem is I can't get 2 monitors into one terminal box during setup. when I drag the second one in it just swaps it out. Now if I bind to monitors together as mirrored they both work, but I don't want mirrored displays I want extended desktops on workstation 1.

I am running windows 7

ScubaNaked

Re: one of the workstations with extended desktop

Post by ScubaNaked » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 pm

This is a tough one with zero help or software warnings but I think I finally figured it out. You can only have multiple monitors on a single Terminal if they are on the same graphics card AND none of the monitors from that card are being used on any other Terminals. E.g. Starting with a fresh configuration, add one monitor from graphics card A to Terminal 1. Now drag a second monitor from graphics card A to Terminal 1. Worked right?? Now add another monitor from graphics card A to Terminal 2. It just messed up Terminal 1 right? I think a simple message pop-up would clear all this up for us newbies so I hope they either fix this where you can configure any monitor to any Terminal no matter the card or add some pop-up help at least.

Obv if you have a 2nd card, you can set up as many Terminals with a single monitor add you have ports but you can only have multiple monitors on a Terminal by dedicating a graphics card to a single Terminal.

NOTE *** I also plugged in a USB docking station and added monitors to my system. Aster find these new monitors and allows me to configure them but when I reboot and turn Aster on, they are blank. Again, I might be missing something but it just doesn't seem to work as I thought it should. I think Aster should fix the problem, warn of the issue or not show monitors it can't use. Again, trying to help us newbies.

I have a laptop and therefore can only have one card. If anyone knows how to add another dedicate graphics card to a laptop, please reply here and let us know how. That is all I need to make my system ROCK.

This software is great but without being able to have multiple monitors per Terminal, it does me no good.