Can't get monitors set up correctly

googlrr

Can't get monitors set up correctly

Post by googlrr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:16 am

Hello there,

I just discovered Aster in my attempts to set up a second user to stream Steam to my TV while still having my computer usable. That part all works great and everything seems to be fine. The only problem I'm having is my monitor setup.

I have two primary monitors, 1.1 and 1.2 that I use for my computer. I would like to use 1.3 with my TV. Normally, I can have all of my monitors running at the same time with no problem. In the past I've used up to 4.

When configuring the monitors in Aster, I can't get it so user 1 has 1.1 and 1.2 and user 2 has 1.3. Whenever I try to add the third monitor, it sends one of them to the spares.

I've seen other peoples configurations and it seems like some people were able to get a 3-1 split working, I can't seem to figure out why I can't manage a 2-1 split.

Here's some of my system specs if that helps:

Processor: i7-4790k
Graphics: ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 980
MOBO: GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 LGA 1150

Monitors: One LG Ultrawide (DP) and one 16:10 monitor (also DP). One 1080P HDMI Monitor.

bazantik

Re: Can't get monitors set up correctly

Post by bazantik » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi, what version of Aster are you using? And are you using Aster under Windows 10 or Windosw 8? Under Windows 10 I also had problems with 3 monitors (2 monitors and 1 projector). Returned to Windows 8.

googlrr

Post by googlrr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:21 pm

I'm using the Windows 10 beta, so I guess that's probably it. Unfortunately I upgraded a long time ago so going back to 8 isn't an option for me at this time.

Is there a way to run one of the users as headless? If I can run one of the users without a monitor I could use the steam in home streaming to stream the gameplay to the TV. That would be cool.

bazantik

Post by bazantik » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Last days I have the same problem (for months I've been using LCD+projector for first desktop, and for second desktop one LCD), but few days back it stopped working. Now I have to use for first desktop one LCD and for the second desktop LCD+projector and it's working fine. Try to set up you Aster not for 2-1 split, but for 1-2 split (but I'm not sure if it's possible in Aster for Windows 10).