[Solved.. kind of] Screen flicker during windows start

Nicat93

Post by Nicat93 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:32 am

I am using Aster V7 x64.
Win 8.1 x64;
Gpu GTX980 TI;
I am using HDMI output for TV screen, DVI for normal monitor.
When computer starts one screen stays black, after 10-15 seconds it turns on and the other screen goes black. And turned on screen flashes like crazy for some time aand if I am lucky after flashing for another 10-15 seconds both of them turns on and I can use PC normally. But sometimes it takes 5-10 restarts for second screen to turn on. Tried using Alt+Tab on black screen but nothing happens.
I have bought license, it is not trial.
Last edited by Nicat93 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Majo

Screen flicker during windows start

Post by Majo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:12 pm

I have the same issue with a Quadro M4000 running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Updated the driver to the latest version without any improvement. Sometimes it works after multiple reboots, but mostly not.

I tried the Beta and also the older 2-6 seat version, same issue. (HW rendering enabled and needed)

Nicat93

Screen flicker during windows start

Post by Nicat93 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Majo wrote:I have the same issue with a Quadro M4000 running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Updated the driver to the latest version without any improvement. Sometimes it works after multiple reboots, but mostly not.

I tried the Beta and also the older 2-6 seat version, same issue. (HW rendering enabled and needed)
I kinda fixed the issue by using LogOn options in the ASTER Control. You know the one where you set users to logon automatically. Hope this helps :)

hsmptg

Post by hsmptg » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:03 am

Any other way to solve this problem without the "LogOn trick"?
Regards

Majo

Re: [Solved.. kind of] Screen flicker during windows start

Post by Majo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Im also using the login trick, but it breaks again (starts to flicker) as soon this user logs out. On a Workstation with a Quadro M4000 and four screens it took 1,5 hours until the screen stops to flicker, when no one is logged in. (Windows 8.1 Pro)

I also realized that the Workstation with two graphiccard and two screens works fine. When I connect a third screen, two connected to one graphiccard, and the other screen to the other the trouble starts.