Dual display problem

davetech

Dual display problem

Post by davetech » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:48 pm

Hello everybody, I'm using Aster V7 x2 in a home environment. My desktop PC configuration is:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
2 GB RAM backed by 2.33 GB pagefile
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 2 Cores
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 512 Mb VRAM 400MHz
2 USB mice, 1 usb keyboard,1 ps2 keyboard, USB soundcard, integrated Realtek HD audio and
2 VGA monitors connected to the ATI dual head card,(Primary display: 1280x1024, secondary display: 1024x768)

During the installation of the hardware, software and configuration I followed the ASTER V7 32 User's Guide.

The problem is that when a resolution change occurs on the primary display (starting a game like Call of Duty), the secondary display goes blank for a few seconds and also when playing other games like the League of Legends, the secondary display intermittently goes blank for a second.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Sadobub

Dual display problem

Post by Sadobub » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:45 am

Hello

I have two LCDs setup on my rig and when the screensaver I made with your software activates the other LCD goes blank. I want both LCDS to display the same thing, I dont understand why this is not possible? Why wont it display the screensaver on both monitors and one goes blank? THnx.

davetech

Dual display problem

Post by davetech » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 pm

davetech wrote:Hello everybody, I'm using Aster V7 x2 in a home environment. My desktop PC configuration is:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
2 GB RAM backed by 2.33 GB pagefile
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 2 Cores
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 512 Mb VRAM 400MHz
2 USB mice, 1 usb keyboard,1 ps2 keyboard, USB soundcard, integrated Realtek HD audio and
2 VGA monitors connected to the ATI dual head card,(Primary display: 1280x1024, secondary display: 1024x768)

During the installation of the hardware, software and configuration I followed the ASTER V7 32 User's Guide.

The problem is that when a resolution change occurs on the primary display (starting a game like Call of Duty), the secondary display goes blank for a few seconds and also when playing other games like the League of Legends, the secondary display intermittently goes blank for a second.

Is there any solution to this problem?
I managed somewhat to mitigate this problem by disabling the hardware acceleration for the flash player, running games in windowed mode where I can. Restricting resolution change could be done with a IAT hook in the game executable so it calls a dummy ChangeDisplaySettingsEx. Naturally the acceleration cannot be turned off for games, but I found with GPUZ that the ATI driver changes the video memory clock, hence the intermittently black display. Maybe the video memory clock could be restricted to a fixed value in some registry settings?

AngelaRip

Dual display problem

Post by AngelaRip » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:13 am

Have the same problem. Please help people.

Have tried almost every possible option there is.

SaraHorrab

Dual display problem

Post by SaraHorrab » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:52 pm

My friend has a FX5900, hewants to use dual lcds. he doesnt game so dont worry about fps. His card doesn thave dual DVI. Can he use 1 on vga and the other on DVI or does he need a dual dvi card to use both? ive never had this problem so id idnt know the answer, thanks.

jowam40

Re: Dual display problem

Post by jowam40 » Sun May 07, 2023 4:01 pm

The most important factor to consider when buying a sound bar is undoubtedly its sound quality. You want a sound bar that produces clear, crisp audio that enhances your movie or music experience. Look for a sound bar with multiple speakers and a built-in subwoofer for a fuller, more dynamic sound. It's also worth checking the sound bar's frequency response range, as this will give you an idea of the bass and treble levels it can produce. dr sound bar